This page will host application packs and details of any open job vacancies at Glebe.
Teaching Assistant Behaviour/Learning Support
Salary: Scale 5 Point 22 – 25 £18,345 actual starting salary (£22,956 full time equivalent)
Hours: 33.75 hours per week
Weeks: 39 weeks (term time plus inset)
Closing Date 29th March 2019
Glebe School is a Secondary Special School for pupils with Moderate Learning Difficulties and Complex Needs including Autistic Spectrum Disorders.
We are seeking to appoint a Teaching Assistant to work within the Behaviour Support Team assisting the Learning & Behaviour Manager.
The successful applicant will:
* Have some knowledge of Autism & Behaviour Management
* Experience working with children of relevant age with additional needs..
* Knowledge of relevant policies/codes of practice and aware of relevant legislation.
* Understanding of principles of child development and learning processes and in particular, barriers to learning.
* Ability to plan effective actions for pupils at risk of underachieving.
* Ability to relate well to children and adults.
* Work constructively as part of a team.
* Willingness to work flexibly in terms of core hours/breaks if required.
* Be optimistic, enthusiastic and committed to working to provide a high quality teaching & learning environment.
* Behave in a warm, yet professional manner towards colleagues, students & visitors at all times, and contribute to the positive ethos of the school.
Appropriate training and support will be given to the appointed candidate
Enhanced DBS checks will be carried out.
Interviews will take place upon receipt of applications, if candidates meet shortlisting criteria.
Please email the school for an application pack - firstname.lastname@example.org