FOOD TECH Revision
BTEC Home Cooking Skills
- Take recipes home that you have enjoyed cooking in school to share with family and friends and if you are able to, make them again.
- Encourage family and friends to taste what you have made and write down their comments. What did they like about the dish? How can you improve the dish if you were to make it again?
- Practise food preparation and cooking skills at home by helping to make meals for the family. For example, help peel and chop the vegetables for an evening meal.
- Help clear and wash up after a meal.
- Watch cookery programmes to revise different methods of food preparation and cooking methods.
- Watch cookery programmes and look on food websites to look for new recipe ideas. e.g. BBC Good Food (see below)
The buttons will take you to specific pages your teacher wants you to look at