Freedom Passes

Dear Parents/Carers,

Your child is eligible for a Freedom Pass to travel on buses, trains, underground and trams in the Greater London area. This is because they have a Learning Disability registered with the London Borough of Bromley. The pass is free and involves no cost to you or your child.
We are no longer applying for Passes through the school, so applications should be made online through If you are not a Bromley resident, you will need to apply through your Local Authority.


Click here to download the Application Form directly from the Bromley Council website:

Or you can find a downloadable copy at the bottom of this page. There is also a map showing where the Freedom Pass is valid.


You will need the following information to go with your online application:

1. A copy of one of the following for proof of identification:

  • Birth Certificate
  • Current Passport

2. A copy of one of the following dated within the last 12 months for proof of address, the document can be addressed to a parent or guardian but must contain the child’s name and address:

  • Letter from the Education Department or School (This could be the front page of your child's EHC Plan)
  • Benefits letter or document e.g. Child Benefit letter
  • Confirmation letter from Social Services

3. When applying on the grounds of Learning Disability a copy of a document or letter showing the child's diagnosis (Section B of your child's EHC Plan)

4. A passport style photo (if posting the photo, your child's name must be clearly written on the back)


If you are unable to complete your application online and would like a paper copy, or you require help with the application please contact the school admin office.


Glebe School Hawes Lane, West Wickham
Bromley, Kent, BR4 9AE
Telephone Number: 020 8777 4540
Receptionist: Miss Baldwinson For more information please do contact us. Contact Us