Required for September
Salary: NJC Scale 2 Point 3 - 4 £21,408 - £21,795 FTE (actual starting salary £17,186)*
Hours: 8.30am – 3.20pm (non-negotiable) 33.75 hours per week (including paid lunch break)
Weeks worked: Term time plus INSET - 39 weeks (worked over 38 weeks)
Closing date: 12pm, Thursday 5th August
Interviews will take place on Thursday 12th August
Glebe School is an outstanding Secondary Special School for pupils with Moderate Learning Difficulties and Complex Needs including Autistic Spectrum Disorders. We are seeking to appoint enthusiastic and committed Teaching Assistants to work across all subjects within the school.
The successful applicants will have:
- A commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
- A passion for education and committed to working alongside the teachers to provide a high quality learning environment
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- An optimistic, enthusiastic and motivated approach
- A warm, yet professional manner towards colleagues, pupils & visitors at all times
- A commitment to contributing to the positive ethos and strategic direction of the school
- Experience of working with young people with special needs is desirable but not essential
- Training or experience in speech and language or occupational therapy would be desirable
Appropriate training and support will be given to the appointed candidates.
The Specialist Learning Trust is committed to safer recruitment and the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All positions require satisfactory DBS checks and references will be taken prior to interview. We are committed to promoting equality and challenging discrimination.
*will be amended to reflect NJC pay award for 2021 once agreed