Required for September 2023
Salary: Outer London MPS/UPS & SEN point
Closing date: 9am Friday 19th May, with interviews to be held shortly after
Glebe School is seeking to appoint a highly motivated teacher of Maths. This a fantastic opportunity for a dedicated and inspiring individual to join our team. Glebe is an outstanding pupil focused secondary special school for pupils with moderate learning difficulties and complex needs.
We require a colleague who has a passion for teaching Maths and who has the drive and motivation to deliver an innovative Maths curriculum across the school. Although desirable, experience of working within a SEN setting is not essential. The successful candidate will have the desire to improve the education for children with special education needs; demonstrating a commitment to the belief that all pupils can achieve and learn to their full potential, whatever their additional needs.
Applicants with primary experience and an interest in developing their Maths practice are invited to apply as our students’ have a wide range of abilities.
We can offer you:
- An outstanding school with good established practices, a sound financial position and well maintained buildings and site;
- Students who enjoy school and thrive on their broad based curriculum and wide range of activities;
- A stable and committed staff team determined to give our students the best possible opportunities;
- Excellent ongoing professional development and training;
- A well-being day during the school year
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- A supportive and committed board of trustees
If you are the person to take up the challenge, we would like to hear from you. We encourage you to visit the school. Our Headteacher, Ian Travis, will show potential candidates around. Please contact us to arrange your visit.
Glebe School welcomes applications from all members of the community, regardless of gender, age, marital status, disability, ethnicity, religion, belief or sexual orientation.
The Specialist Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced disclosure from the DBS and satisfactory pre-employment checks will be required for this post. CVs will not be accepted.