Salary: NJC Scale points 4-6 £21,209 - £21,980* FTE. Actual starting salary £12,502 - 12,956*
Hours: 1.00pm – 6.00pm Monday to Friday, 25 hours per week (non-negotiable)
Weeks worked: Term time only - 39 weeks (worked over 38 weeks), with additional weeks by agreement
Closing date: 9.00am on Wednesday 8th July 2020
Glebe School is a Secondary Special School for pupils with Moderate Learning Difficulties and Complex Needs including Autistic Spectrum Disorders. We are seeking an Assistant Caretaker to work with the Caretaker and School Business Manager to manage site security and to maintain the fabric and grounds of the school as a safe working environment. The role requires an individual who is conscientious, well-organised, flexible and who demonstrates sound judgement.
The successful applicant will have:
- An understanding of basic health & safety requirements, including fire safety, manual handling and COSHH.
- Knowledge of security methodology for buildings and grounds.
- Ability to perform the physical tasks required by the post, including lifting, carrying and pushing equipment, furniture and supplies.
- Experience of carrying out basic administrative tasks, including checking stock and ordering supplies.
- D.I.Y. skills to undertake basic repairs and maintenance of the building.
The Specialist Learning Trust is committed to safer recruitment and the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All positions require satisfactory DBS checks and references will be taken prior to interview. We are committed to promoting equality and challenging discrimination.
*will be amended to reflect NJC pay award for 2020 once agreed.