- PSHE, Life Skills, ICT, World cultures discuss topics around keeping yourself safe, safety in the community, safe and healthy relationships as well as self care and independence
- Topics like consent and democracy are used through the curriculum so the students understand they have a voice, but that they have to respect others’ voices as well
- Students have daily sensory and relaxation time where they are taught relaxation techniques. Students identify ways to support a healthy emotional and mental state
- Tools are given to the students to help them learn to identify and regulate their emotions
- Students have fruit and access to toast if they arrive to school hungry
- Staff are aware of the school’s safeguarding policy and process to report information to the DSL. Twice weekly staff meetings are held to discuss pastoral concerns around students. By looking at report books/ABC charts staff are able to determine next steps and identify larger problems. More regular meetings are held if necessary.
- If a student needs assistance to change clothes or sanitary products, two members of staff will be present